Driving forward the low carbon revolution
Latest speaker updates:
Graham Rice, Ineos Bio, speaking on fuel production from waste and biomass
David Kunzer, Tamar Energy, speaking on project finance
Chris Bower, Environment Agency, speaking on Achieving CHP readiness for permitting
Ensure you are part of the most important conference this year on waste to energy. Use the programme to explore all aspects of policy direction, operating efficiency, financing issues and market drivers to build improved results into your waste to energy projects.
This essential conference will enable you to:
- explore how decentralised generation of heat and energy will drive waste to energy developments, and what this means for plants, location and efficiency.
- take part in the plenary sessions for high-level strategy.
- choose in-depth breakout sessions for detailed information to gain greatest value from the event.
- network widely amongst fellow, senior-level contacts to further your organisation’s energy from waste efficiency and success.
Gain insight into the shape of waste to come, and its implications for infrastructure and investment:
Professor William Powrie, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and the Environment, Southampton University; Member, UK Infrastructure Transitions Research Consortium.
Discuss the direction of waste to energy policy with top people from key government departments:
Dr Bernard Bulkin, Expert Chair of the Office for Renewable Energy Deployment, DECC
Dr Colin Church, Director, Climate, Waste and Atmosphere, DEFRA
Assess the implications of development plans and new partnerships with major companies in the sector:
Bruce Snyder, Market Manager – Bio Energy, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Jonathan Sime, Development Manager, Scottish & Southern Energy
Debate the future of the SRF market with industry leaders:
Ian Goodfellow, Managing Director, Shanks
Mark Burrows Smith, Operations Director, Viridor
Benefit from technical expertise from some of the industry’s leading technology providers:
Alfred Sigg, Head of R&D, Hitachi Zosen Innova
Ole Hedegaard Madsen, Director, Technology & Marketing, Babcock & Wilcox Volund
Assess the market opportunities for advanced conversion technologies and their outputs:
Chris Chapman, Chief Technical Officer, APP
Frank Ligthart, Metso Power, Finland
Latest conference information:
Site visits filling very quickly - limited places available:
1. The APP demonstrator plant in Swindon on Tuesday 26 February
2. SELCHP district heating project on Friday 1 March
See the Site Visits page for full details.